Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Sheets and a new layout

When I went to Seattle, one of the things I did was to go to Linens n Things, to look for some flannel sheets for John's bed. I wanted to get them on sale before the store closed down. I figured I would save the money it would cost for shipping. So Tonya, Ronni and I stopped in there while we were out buying clothes and new shoes for them. The sheets have snowmen/women on them. So today, I put them on his bed. (He got them for Christmas.)
When I put him to bed just now, he said he might not sleep too well, knowing all those snowmen were watching him. He can be so funny!

The second photo I took was of the pillowcase. You see the pink? I bought those flannel sheets a couple of months ago for him. I told him I hoped it wouldn't bother him too much being pink. He told me he was thankful for the warmth of the sheets. He didn't care what color they were! So now, I will put the pink ones on my bed. (I didn't tell him I am awaiting a package with a down comforter and pink and white duvet cover that I found at Overstock.com for really cheap! But it came out of my paycheck so he can't say anything!)


I made this layout today. I went to scraporchard and found a challenge I wanted to do. It is the Fruit Salad Challenge. They tell you what number of papers, elements, fonts, etc. you have to use and it is up to you to make a layout using those items only. This month it is 1 paper, 2 paper strips, 9 flowers, 3 elements of your choice, 2 leaves, 2 ribbons, one font and one alpha. All but the background paper are from the Winter Wonderland Blog Train and the background is from the Christmas Around the World Blog Train. You can click on the photo to go to the layout page for the credits!

That's it for today. I have to get back into schoolwork tomorrow, so not sure if I will post again before next weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Tess

2 comments:

Chreamps said...

The flannel sheets look nice and cozy and love the snowmen/women pattern! Great layouts, too!

Brenda said...

Those look so comfy. Nothing better than flannel sheets on a cold night.