Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Days 5-7

Day 5



I had to take my dh to the VA for a surgical procedure. On the way I snapped this photo of ice flowing down from a pipe running across the Dolores River. The pipe used to carry water to an abandoned house at mile marker 99 on the Scenic By-Way. I will be scrapping a page with this photo to add to the book I am making about Hi-Way 141.

Day 6



This photo was taken of the VA as I was getting ready to go to the motel. My DH didn't come out of the anesthesia too well so they kept him for observation. I was getting into the truck when I noticed my camera and realized I had not yet taken a photo, thus this photo. I have been going to snap a few and make a scrap page of it to put in his scrapbook anyway.

Day 7


Here we have a photo of my new down comforter. It arrived two days early. Although the duvet cover did not arrive with it. But now the comforter will have a chance to fluff up. According to the UPS site, the cover is on it's way to Montrose. Which usually means it will arrive the next day. (Did you know; in Germany the down beds and comforters are hung over the window sill to fluff and air out? I was there in the early 70's.) I can't do that with my windows but I can hang it out on the laundry line.

See you tomorrow.

Tess

3 comments:

Carolyn Albro said...

Great pictures. That comforter looks SO inviting : ))

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Awesome photos, I love how they are really telling your story and are very relevant to day to day life! I agree I could go for a nice fresh down comforter!

DanisDelusions said...

Beautiful photos. I especially love the ice one.