Thursday, January 22, 2009

Days 13 , 16-17, 19

Due to John's hospitalization, I have not had a chance to upload my photos. So it is time to get caught up!

Day 13

This is our cat. Her mom was a tuxedo cat and her dad was an orange tabby. Her mom had been dumped by someone. (We live out in the county) She was such a sweet cat that I started feeding her. She remained an outdoor cat. She had a lot of litters. I tried to give them away but ended up taking them to the pound in Montrose (another 100 mile drive one way.) The next to the last litter she had, included Cali. Cali had 3 brothers and sisters. Momma cat smothered one when they were born (accidently) and she moved them into an old camp stove full of rust (which killed another one) and I am not sure what happened to the 3rd but Cali was the only one left. We decided she was just too wonderfully colored to get rid of her. We were going to keep her. But she was WILD! I had to put on leather gloves to catch her. I brought her into the house and fed her. She was scared to death. Then I started putting food out for her in the same place and I would go get her from the barn and bring her up to eat until she learned how to find it on her own.

She has become domesticated, to a point. She likes to go for a walk with me and John. She likes her belly rubbed, but not her chin. She is one of the only cats I know that will allow us to pick up her back-end by the tail. She is also an outdoor cat.



I will have to add 14 & 15 later. They were not in my computer at the time of this post.

Day 16

I took this next photo from my motel... It is the VA Hospital. It looks pretty big. BUT, the first floor is made up of clinics, the pharmacy, the commissary, the cafe, and a few offices. The second floor is where the library, hearing center, dental office, x-ray, pulmonary, lab, prosthetics and records are at.

The third floor is for the psychiatric ward and doctors offices. 4th floor is not known. Fifth floor is the patient ward and preop. 6th floor is OR.



Day 17

This photo was taken from John's room. I happened to look out and saw it and ran down to the truck to get my camera.(Ok so I didn't run.) This is a newer used car lot. They purchased a ladder truck a few years ago and do some strange things now.



Day 18 has to be added, these missing photos are on a different card.

Day 19

This next photo was taken along the route home. I haven't gotten a photo before of this area with snow involved. I thought it to be quite wonderful. You can see why this is part of a scenic byway.



The rest are in my camera. I shall upload them later. They are about to discharge John from St. Mary's back to the VA. So I better get things shut off.

TTFN... Tess

No comments: