Thursday, May 22, 2008

My First Post!!!

Wow! I am now a blogger!
I guess for starters I will upload some layout pages I have made. I think I will start with an album I am making for my granddaughter Tonya. It is part of a "for fun" crop challenge called A-B-C crop on Scrap Outside the Box. Here you will find the current forum thread.

So we have A is for Alex & Lizzy.



Alex is my eldest. His only child is Elizabeth. She has Ausbergers Syndrome. It is actually a rather heavy dose. It doesn't help any that her mother is over protective.
I took the girls (Tonya & Veronica) to the family reunion 2 yrs ago. We (including my mom) went to Alki Beach to meet up with Lizzy and her Mom and Dad. They have been divorced for about 7 yrs now, and Lizzy and her mom were living in Idaho but had just moved back to the Seattle area. The cousins had never met each other. Lizzy is not antisocial as much as her mother thinks, we all got along famously.
The photo in the layout is when we first got there. We then drove on around and walked on the beach and had lunch at a local place, followed by ice cream from the ice cream truck.
Mom was getting worn out so we returned to my brother's house.

On to the letter B. Bubble Bath


During the same trip, it was a little bit crowded at my brother's house and the girls were getting on Mom's nerves, so we went to my uncle Tom's to stay. Uncle Tom loves kids (unfortunately for him, he never had any of his own) so everyone thought that would be a good place to go. When we arrived we found he was pooch-sitting. He had two extra dogs. The one in the picture got along with the girls. Veronica could do just about anything to that dog and it took it so well. When it was bath time they even gave the dog a good scrubbing!

On to the letter C. Cartwheel is what I named this layout.


Tonya was 5 years old when we took these photos. She was living with me at the time. Her mom as working down at Gateway and had not yet moved the girls down there. She is a good acrobat. I have other photos of her swinging around a pole while her great uncle Darcy and Great grand uncle Tom are holding it. She was also able to cross the jungle gym hand holds in Kindergarten!

Next we have D. D is for Draw!

We were at the Library one day while I was working on the Lions Club Newsletter. She came to me and asked if I would show her how to draw a person. I told her to go ask her Ema (where my mom got that name for grandma I don't know), her great grandma to help her because she was a much better artist than I was. So Mom (the librarian) made the drawing on the left and told her to match everything she did. Her drawing was quite amazing and almost perfectly the same. In the photo she is working on another. She was 4 when this happened.
Ok, I have done my blog for today. Thanks for looking.
Tess

No comments: